Protect your family from secondhand smoke.
Secondhand smoke is the third leading cause of preventable death in the U.S. There is no safe level of exposure.
Smoke drifts from one apartment to another. This can affect the quality of your air. Secondhand smoke can:
- Irritate your lungs.
- Reduce the oxygen in your blood.
- Increase your risk for heart disease and lung cancer.
- Residential Landlord and Tenant Act—The rights and duties of landlords and tenants.
- Pierce County Landlord-Tenant Resource Guide—Legal help and housing resources.
- Smoke-Free Housing Resources—Info for tenants who suffer from drifting tobacco smoke.
- Americans for Nonsmokers’ Rights—Education, information, technical assistance, and training to create smokefree laws.
- Secondhand and Thirdhand Smoke Resources—Tips on how to protect your family from secondhand and thirdhand smoke exposure.
- Request info on smoke-free housing.
You can contact Reanna Bettencourt at firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 649-1894.