Tobacco, vapor and cannabis laws protect your health. In Washington, you must be 21 or older to consume any of these products. And in Pierce County, local laws offer additional protection in the workplace.
What retailers need to know about tobacco and vapor product regulations.
Violations can affect your business. Know the laws and how to follow them:
- Tacoma Pierce County Environmental Health Code, Chapter 8—Smoking in Public Places (SIPP) Regulation.
- Tacoma Pierce County Environmental Health Code, Chapter 9—Restrictions on the use of Vapor Products.
- Washington Department of Health—Tobacco and Vapor 21 Law.
- Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board—Vapor products and the law.
- Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board—Tobacco products and the law.
- Washington State Initiative 502—Allows the recreational use of marijuana in private places. Marijuana use is not allowed in public places, places of employment or in view of general public.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration—Regulations for e-cigarettes, cigars and all other tobacco products.
For tobacco questions or info, contact Jessica Alvestad.
For cannabis questions or info, contact Linda Graves at (253) 649-1644.