You may be eligible for Plan Review Reciprocity if you have a current Mobile Food Unit permit with another county in Washington. We use your approved plan review from another county to permit your Mobile Food Unit.
What are the benefits of Plan Review Reciprocity?
- Shorter review time. Another Washington state health department already approved your plan. All we need to do is ensure the application is complete and issue a permit.
- No pre-opening inspection required. You have been operating successfully in another county. We do not need to verify your Mobile Unit is built according to your approved plan.
- No plan review fee. We do not charge a plan review fee because we are spending less time reviewing your application. You only need to pay a processing fee to submit your application.
What documents do I need to apply for reciprocity?
- Food establishment application—Includes information about your business and your contact information.
- Approved plan review documents from the county that originally permitted the mobile unit. Should include approved menu, mobile unit floor plan, equipment list and commissary information. See Plan Review Reciprocity Checklist for a complete list of required documents.
What if I don’t have the required information?
You must have all the information on the checklist to apply for reciprocity. If items are missing or are not part of your approved plan, you are not eligible for Plan Review Reciprocity. You may apply for a permit through our Plan Review Application.
For more information or a free consult:
- Visit our office for a consult at 3629 South D St. in Tacoma.
- Call us at (253) 649-1706.
- Email questions to email@example.com.